HOME INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA SEDATION
Please follow these pre-operative instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water, coffee, ect) for eight hours prior to the appointment. The only exception to this is if you have morning medications approved by your surgeon to which you can take with only a small sip of water.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office or on the premises during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If surgery is for a minor, legal guardian must accompany the patient.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing that either buttons or has a zipper. We may ask you to change into a surgical gown.
- Contact lenses and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear heavy moisturizers, excessive makeup, or nail polish/fake nails on the day of surgery.
- No jewelry or any metal touching your body such as earrings or even a bra with wire.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.